Skip to main content

Introductions are in order

            Who is this guy writing this random blog? Fantastic question. I was born into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at the age of zero. From there I did everything that was “expected” of me, as it were. I did the whole church thing. I got the Eagle Scout at like 14, did the mission thing, you name it, I did it.
            It was on my mission that I started having some questions come up about the church, ones that I didn’t have the answer. There were many of these that when I would ask others, (mission pres, companions, bishops of wards I was in …) they would usually say something along the lines of, “That is just one of those things we will have to take on faith,” or “We are not meant to know it now, but will learn it in the next life.”
            Those lines always bothered me in church. Why don’t we know? We say we have a guy that can communicate directly with God. I’m sure I’m not the first person to have asked this (these) question(s) before, why can we not get an answer?
            But at that point, I just accepted my lack of answers, and moved on.
            Fast forward to now. I haven’t “felt the spirit” in well over a year or two, or longer. I was lost, as it were, in a spiritual sense. We had moved recently, this time into a ward that was rapidly growing from an influx of new neighborhoods and houses. As such, it was very easy to get lost in the shuffle.
            Quick tidbit about me, I am an introvert, big time. For those of you who know about the Briggs/Myers personality stuff, I am an INTJ something fierce. (OK, that is something that I really want to be known for, linking right to sources from the document / blog post)
            So, getting lost in the shuffle, suited me quite well actually. But I still had this issue that I don’t know where I belong, spiritually speaking. Along the lines I met with the bishop, and talked to him about my issues. It was then that he assigned me to read the Book of Mormon again (to help me find the spirit) within the next year. This assignment took place in February 2017. Over the next 4 months, I read it twice.
            For my career I did a lot of schooling, A LOT (like the title of Doctor now applies). I learned how to both read quickly, and retain information. I never was the best at remembering where I found the information now rattling around in my head, but I could recite way too much of it. I also get bored rather easily, so having gone through the BOM twice in such a short time, I knew I couldn’t read it again right off the bat, I needed something new. I still wasn’t getting any sort of answer to any prayer, and since I wanted something else to read for a bit, I found the topic essays on the church’s website. That’s when things took a HUGE turn for me.
            This blog is now the result of my searching for answers to those questions that I have had for so long, as well as those questions that I have found along the way. I would like to shout out to a few prominent places where I was able to find sources and insight on where I could find answers. The first is within the realm of Reddit. From there I was introduced to two “letters” that helped me know that I was not alone on this quest for answers. The first of these letters is now known as the “CES Letter.” The second is known as “Letter to my Wife and Children.”
            So, here we are. The first post is what I have started calling, “My Letter.” This is what I used to break the ice to my family and friends on this topic. This letter was a collaborative project. I worked on it as I was able, with the information found from and through these initial sources, from the beginning. I knew that there was no point in linking my information found back to any of these previously mentioned documents, I needed original sources. So that is what ended up eating up my time trying to get my letter ready. As it turned out, I had a deadline to be able to have it ready by. So, I had to limit my initial letter to 5 main topics.
            My current plan is to continue building my list of “Issues” as found in the original letter. I will also pull those first 5 issues out of the letter, and address them individually, making it easier to search topic by topic. I then will also continue to update these posts, as I come across more information that fit and belong.
            Please feel free to comment. That being said, I was not an English major, nor do I do much writing, so I can guarantee that there will be spelling and grammatical errors everywhere. And I don’t really care. Also, don’t worry about trying to bash with me, I know where I am in life, and am now happier than ever. Depending on how this blog thing is run, I do reserve the right to delete any comment that I wish, without any explanation.

            I also will try and get around to placing some more personal stuff, but I don’t know at this time how far or deep I will go with that information. I still want to remain anonymous as it were, mainly to protect my family. With that being said, the best place to find me elsewhere on the web would be via https://www.reddit.com/u/anyonehaveanswers or email at anyonehaveanswers@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base Information

            Let’s call the following, base information. These are the first thing I want to start off, things that I had had pounded into my head for as long as I can remember. These are things that are paramount to the views taught by the LDS church. I actually had to go looking for references for these things, I have known them for so long that I wasn’t even sure where they originated in the church. As a number of my questions and issues relate back to these core views and teachings, I decided to lead off with them and will refer back to them repeatedly as I continue to explain my position. 1.       God is the same “Yesterday, Today, and Forever” and he is “Unchanging” a.        Mormon 9:9-10                                                               i.       9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?                                                             ii.       10 A

23 Solid things found within the LDS church that pushed me to non-belief

Things about the LDS church that I can no longer believe. 1/23/18 So this list is not exclusive by any means. But here are 23 things that either happened within the church, were taught by the church, or found within the church that have solidified my mind that the LDS church is in no way the lords church on the earth. The list originally came from 40 Years a Mormon , from there I gave some more context and sources. That God would send an angel with a drawn sword to threaten a 37 yr old man (Joseph Smith) to threaten a 14 yr old girl (Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs) with his death if she didn't marry him, and promise heaven to her whole family if she did.  Zina later wrote, that within months of her marriage to Henry, “[Joseph] sent word to me by my brother, saying, ‘Tell Zina, I put it off and put it off till an angel with a drawn sword stood by me and told me if I did not establish that principle upon the earth I would lose my

My "Letter" (First version, 7/2017)

OK, let me start off by saying; what follows is the exact letter that I gave to my family to announce that I was leaving the church. This all occurred in 2017, with me handing out this letter somewhere around the end of July (pioneer day-ish time period). Since that time, I have gone back through and separated each of my main 5 points, and have built upon them with more information that I have found, come across, or been taught. So the other blog postings immediately following this were originally direct copies of what is found here, but have also been (and continue to be) updated periodically. I will go through and at the beginning of each of them, state when they were last updated. If anyone reading this would like to get in touch with me, I am happy to discuss nearly anything found within this blog. The fastest way to get in  touch with me is via Reddit- https://www.reddit.com/user/anyonehaveanswers. Or my email address- anyonehaveanswers@gmail.com.  Thank you!