Skip to main content

Update from 2023

 

So, it’s not that I forgot this blog was here, it’s that my world came crumbling down around me right after my "last post". 

It looks like my last post here was in May 2018. It was just after that point when my wife decided that she could no longer be married to someone who “couldn’t take her thru the temple” or whatever that all is. So in June, we separated and started the paperwork. By September 2018, we were divorced.

In what seemed to be my nightmare, I moved back in with my parents. This turned my work commute into about 45 minutes one way (if traffic was good), as well as limited me to seeing my kids only on the weekends that I didn’t work. That was the part that hurt the most.

Not going to lie. There were times I wished I had never stuck my head down this rabbit hole. With at least 90% of the reason for that being that I missed my kids. Life fucking sucked.

At about 6 months of being divorced, my ex-wife found herself a “good mormon boy” and was remarried. This was both a punch in the guts, and a welcome reprieve. It meant that I no longer had to pay alimony. Her still being mormon, she had to get married to “do it.” So that’s what they did. She literally gave up over $1,000 a month in alimony to get married to someone so they could have sex again. Wow…

In 2020, just as the pandemic was starting to hit its stride, I found a townhouse and was able to move out of my parents’ basement. It was also about that time that I met someone special. Very long story short, I only owned the townhouse for about a year. I sold it and we used the profits from that to renovate “our” house that we had purchased together.

My new wife and I (oh yeah, we did end up getting married as well as moving in together) have started a lovely life together. While I brought my 3 “part time” kids, she brought 2 dogs and 3 cats. Since that time we rehomed one of those cats, got 2 new kittens, and somehow ended up back with the rehomed cat. For those of you playing along at home, this means we have 2 dogs and 5 cats, as well as 3 kids on weekends.

Life is not perfect. And it is definitely where I thought I would be when I started this blog. But it is where I am, and I cannot imagine being anywhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base Information

            Let’s call the following, base information. These are the first thing I want to start off, things that I had had pounded into my head for as long as I can remember. These are things that are paramount to the views taught by the LDS church. I actually had to go looking for references for these things, I have known them for so long that I wasn’t even sure where they originated in the church. As a number of my questions and issues relate back to these core views and teachings, I decided to lead off with them and will refer back to them repeatedly as I continue to explain my position. 1.       God is the same “Yesterday, Today, and Forever” and he is “Unchanging” a.        Mormon 9:9-10                                                               i.       9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?                                                             ii.       10 A

23 Solid things found within the LDS church that pushed me to non-belief

Things about the LDS church that I can no longer believe. 1/23/18 So this list is not exclusive by any means. But here are 23 things that either happened within the church, were taught by the church, or found within the church that have solidified my mind that the LDS church is in no way the lords church on the earth. The list originally came from 40 Years a Mormon , from there I gave some more context and sources. That God would send an angel with a drawn sword to threaten a 37 yr old man (Joseph Smith) to threaten a 14 yr old girl (Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs) with his death if she didn't marry him, and promise heaven to her whole family if she did.  Zina later wrote, that within months of her marriage to Henry, “[Joseph] sent word to me by my brother, saying, ‘Tell Zina, I put it off and put it off till an angel with a drawn sword stood by me and told me if I did not establish that principle upon the earth I would lose my

My "Letter" (First version, 7/2017)

OK, let me start off by saying; what follows is the exact letter that I gave to my family to announce that I was leaving the church. This all occurred in 2017, with me handing out this letter somewhere around the end of July (pioneer day-ish time period). Since that time, I have gone back through and separated each of my main 5 points, and have built upon them with more information that I have found, come across, or been taught. So the other blog postings immediately following this were originally direct copies of what is found here, but have also been (and continue to be) updated periodically. I will go through and at the beginning of each of them, state when they were last updated. If anyone reading this would like to get in touch with me, I am happy to discuss nearly anything found within this blog. The fastest way to get in  touch with me is via Reddit- https://www.reddit.com/user/anyonehaveanswers. Or my email address- anyonehaveanswers@gmail.com.  Thank you!